Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Kids love this big cookie. Nice change from traditional birthday cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats or 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate frosting or 1 cup vanilla frosting
- red fruit snacks or gumdrops or M&M's or grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside. In medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended and creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in center of round pizza pan. Pat dough into an 11 inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 14-16 minutes are until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter. Spread with frosting. Decorate with candies.
We really liked this cookie. It was soft on the inside, just like we like it. Thanks for the recipe!