Recipe by Nikki Kate
Nice big cookie with PB Cups on the top. What could go wrong.
Top Review by jetta_mel
the cookies had a great flavor and texture and were perfectly baked after 15 min. the only problem i had was the peanut butter cups on top. the first round they melted all over the top leaving melted chocolate pooling around the chunks of peanut butter. i tried putting them on closer to the end of baking and found that worked a little better (about one minute left). they all tasted great, just a little messier than i imagined.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 peanut butter cup miniatures, cut into fourths
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cup measurements onto ungreased cookie sheets, 3 cookies per sheet.
- Cookies will spread while baking.
- Push about 7 pieces of peanut butter cup into each cookies, flattening cookie slightly.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until ligh golden brown around the edges.
- Centers will be pale and slightly soft.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet.
- Remove to wire rack; cool completely.