Recipe by Sharlene~W
I found this cookie recipe in First magazine many years ago. It is an excellent soft cookie. These large cookies are perfect for bake sales. If you make smaller cookies (1/8 cup dough per cookie), shorten baking time. This dough also makes an excellent plain cookie--without the peanut butter cup.
Top Review by lizmcki
I forgot now that Hersey has come out with the mini's for Reese Cups I'll be using those in place of cutting down the full size candy.. that will also cut the making time down a wee bit :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 32 peanut butter cups (Reese's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- In mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Measure out 1/4 cups of dough and place on ungreased cookie sheet (4 cookies per sheet--these are big cookies) Cut each peanut butter cup into 4 pieces and push 8 pieces into top of each cookie, flattening the dough a bit.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- (The centers will still be a bit pale and soft).
- Let cookies cool for at least 1 minute on baking sheet before moving them to rack to cool.