Recipe by Sharlene~W
My favorite peanut butter cookie. Not too peanuty and a nice texture. Makes 20 regular-size or 10 3-inch cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, combine sugars, margarine, peanut butter, vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- If you are making the large cookies, it helps to chill the dough for an hour or so at this point, before shaping. It seems to make a firmer cookie--less likely to break. If you aren't concerned about that, you can skip this step.
- Shape about 1/4 cup dough (for 3-inch cookie) into a ball and place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (6 per sheet).
- Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.