Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
My favorite peanut butter cookie. Not too peanuty and a nice texture. Makes 20 regular-size or 10 3-inch cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, combine sugars, margarine, peanut butter, vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- If you are making the large cookies, it helps to chill the dough for an hour or so at this point, before shaping. It seems to make a firmer cookie--less likely to break. If you aren't concerned about that, you can skip this step.
- Shape about 1/4 cup dough (for 3-inch cookie) into a ball and place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (6 per sheet).
- Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
I loved these cookies, I actually didnt have an egg, but went ahead and made it anyway...they still turned out great, very moist and yummy!
Yum these are delicious! Made giant cookies exactly 10 pee batch cooked for 13 min. They turned out perfect. Added peanut butter chips to one batch as well.
Wonderfully delicious peanut butter cookie and I like that they're GIANT! I love how they're soft and chewy in the center but crispy and buttery around the edges. My whole family loves this cookie.