Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You won't believe these are low-fat cookies! Recipe source: Cooking Light March 1999. Each cookie is 196 calories.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and butter together until blended.
- Add applesauce and egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Add flour mixture to sugar/butter mixture; beat until blended.
- Stir in raisins, walnuts and vanilla.
- Using 3 level tablespoon, drop dough 2- inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool.
These can be addicting! I omitted the raisins and added whatever nuts I had - pistachios, almonds, walnuts and cashews. I'd say more than 1 cup. Also made them smaller, so had at least 2 dozen. They were so good! No one missed all the butter that's usually in a cookie recipe!!
Sorry we did care for these found them a bit dry.
These were so good that I made a second batch! Cant even tell they are low fat! I will definitely add this is my cookie recipe book!