Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of the best popovers I've ever made. It is very savory--try it for a special meal.
Make and share this Giant Mushroom Popover Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375’F.
- Melt the butter in a 10" ovenproof skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, garlic and salt, and saute for another 5 minutes. Add the sherry and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs, milk and flour in a blender, and whip them into a smooth batter. Pour this over the mushroom mixture in the skillet, and transfer the pan to the center of the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set. Cut into wedges and serve hot or warm.
- Serve popover with a green salad or some fresh fruit for a refreshingly uncomplicated meal.