1/4 Photos of Giant Low Fat Ginger Cookies
These are wonderful soft and chewy ginger cookies. They make a lovely afternoon treat or could be put in a lunch box. They are originally from "Hey, Mom! I'm Hungry!" by Susan Powter and were supposed to be cookies to use to make ice cream sandwiches. Honestly, though, they never last long enough in our house to put ice cream between them! They are gobbled up as soon as they are cool enough to hold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine the flour through the brown sugar and mix well.
- 3Using an electric mixer combine the butter, molasses, egg whites, and applesauce.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- 6Drop the batter by 1 1/2 tablespoons onto the baking sheet.
- 7These will spread so allow some room.
- 8Bake for about 15 minutes per batch or until they are starting to brown on the bottom.
- 9Let these cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Low Fat Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g