This is just too wonderful. From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Giant Ice Cream Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (20 ounce) packages brownie mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup English toffee bits or 1⁄2 cup almond brickle chips
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the brownie mixes according to package directions, adding chocolate morsels to batter.
- Pour into two greased 9-inch springform pans or two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Spoon ice cream on top of one brownie layer; top with toffee bits and second brownie layer. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze until set. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- For chocolate sauce, combine milk, butter and chocolate morsels in a saucepan. Heat until morsels are melted; stir until smooth.
- Stir in confectioners sugar and vanilla. Cut the ice cream sandwich into wedges; serve with chocolate sauce.