Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Think Stained Glass cookies for Halloween.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 butterscotch candies, disk decorative candies, crushed
- 4 hard cinnamon candies, disk decorative candies, crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. (If using foil, smooth out all wrinkles.) In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Refrigerate remaining half of dough until needed. With small sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut out 4-inch pumpkin shapes. On cookie sheets, place shapes 2 inches apart. Cut out facial features from pumpkins.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix crushed candies. Place 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy in center of each cut-out area in each cookie, making sure candy touches edges of cookie. (Do not mound candy in centers of cutouts.).
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until edges of cookies are light golden brown, and candy is melted and fills cut-out areas of cookies. Cool 2 to 5 minutes on cookie sheets or until candy is hardened. Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
We frosted the tops with colored frosting and then decorated with jimmies. My kids had fun decorating them!
Very delicous cookies. I used Nikki's Sugar Cookies for my cookie dought (I don't like buying cookie dough). I followed everythng else as written. I only used cinnamon candies, because I am making these for DS school party. My DH had to call home from work to say how good they are. The pumpkin pie spice isn't overpowering in them, it's just right! These cookies do take a little extra time to make but I think they are well worth it!! Thank for posting this wonderful recipe!!
Followed your recipe right on down, then set each cooled cookie on a 5-inch square of orange plastic wrap before wrapping each in a large pit of clear wrap ~ All for the kids on Hallowe'en, along with other goodies I've made! They nice tasting cookies, but the looks is what it's all about, & for that, they're absolutely great! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]