Great for bake sales or for a large dessert. Chewy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl stir together first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl beat shortening on low speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add sugar and beat until combined.
- 4Beat in eggs and molasses until combined.
- 5Mix in reserved flour and spice mixture until combined.
- 6Shape dough into 2 inch balls, (or you can measure with a #20 ice cream scoop).
- 7Roll balls in the coarse sugar.
- 8Place 2-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are light brown and puffed -- do not overbake!
- 10Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 132.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g