Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the most fantastic cookies. They are gigantic so be sure to only place 6 on each baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter till fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar till light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla till blended and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture, chocolate bits and nuts and mix well.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and place 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (6 on each).
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 350° for 20-23 minutes or till golden and edges are lightly browned.
I made this recipe to take to work so I made them a lot smaller than "giant" (approx. 1T of dough/cookie). At work, people tend to crawl out of the woodwork if baked goods come into their radar... Anyway, after reading another review, I reduced the salt to about a half a teaspoon and I thought that that was enough for my tastes. It was simple to put together and the recipe made about 4 dozen good sized cookies. Thank you for posting this recipe!
I made 2 batches of these, and for some reason they turned out very salty tasting. Maybe I did something wrong, but next time I would definitely cut back on the salt.
Very dense, very crisp cookie. Baking time was right on. Neighbor kids and Dh made short work of them. In between bites, Dh said he would let me know his rating tomorrow, after he had one for breakfast with his tea. Yeah, right.