These are the most fantastic cookies. They are gigantic so be sure to only place 6 on each baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter till fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar till light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla till blended and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture, chocolate bits and nuts and mix well.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and place 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (6 on each).
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 350° for 20-23 minutes or till golden and edges are lightly browned.