Recipe by dojemi
These are the most fantastic cookies. They are gigantic so be sure to only place 6 on each baking sheet.
Top Review by Chicagopm
I made this recipe to take to work so I made them a lot smaller than "giant" (approx. 1T of dough/cookie). At work, people tend to crawl out of the woodwork if baked goods come into their radar... Anyway, after reading another review, I reduced the salt to about a half a teaspoon and I thought that that was enough for my tastes. It was simple to put together and the recipe made about 4 dozen good sized cookies. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter till fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar till light.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla till blended and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture, chocolate bits and nuts and mix well.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and place 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (6 on each).
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 350° for 20-23 minutes or till golden and edges are lightly browned.