This pancake will serve about 4 people and it is so yummy. It's a nice change from your traditional pancakes and everyone will love it so much more. The cinnamon and sugar make it unbeatable. I always make this for a brunch when I have special guests. It's a winner EVERY time! Note: You can make this the night before and just heat it up in the morning. Put it in the oven on 250°F for about 15 minutes.
- Peel and slice apple about 1/8 inch thick.
- Over low heat in a 10 inch skillet heat up butter 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and place apple slices in a circle overlapping them slightly until you have one large circle and one small circle in the middle.
- Cook over LOW heat until tender-crisp. (About 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F and beat together flour, milk, baking powder, salt and egg yokes with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Beat egg whites and 1/3 cup of sugar on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white mixture into egg yoke mixture and pour over cooked apples, spreading it evenly. (Be sure not to move the apples around).
- Bake pancake for 10 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Carefully invert pancake onto a plate so that the apples are on top.