Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Such a yummy no-bake dessert and always a hit at my summertime get togethers, I most always prepare two of these, there is never any leftovers! don't wait until summertime to try this dessert, it is great to have in any season --- plan ahead this needs to chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 (102 g) packages French vanilla instant pudding or 2 (102 g) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (9 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip is good)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (Baker's is good)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (icing)
- 1 (600 g) box graham crackers (NOT crumbs)
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat the two packages of pudding mix, with 3 cups whole milk for 2 minutes, or until thick.
- Fold in the thawed frozen topping.
- In the prepared baking dish, evenly put a layer of crackers on the bottom.
- Pour half of the prepared pudding mixture over the crackers.
- Put another layer of crackers over the pudding.
- Put the remaining pudding on top.
- Then a final layer of crackers.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate squares and 2 Tbsp butter together; mix to combine well.
- Add in the corn syrup, 2 Tbsp milk and vanilla to the chocolate mixture; mix until combined well.
- Add in the icing sugar; beat until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the mixture over the top layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
I had the scrumptious dessert a long time ago at a friend's house and couldn't believe the ingredients when I was told. Tasted much more sophisticated that pudding, Cool Whip and graham cracker crumbs. So when I went looking for the recipe, I was glad I found Kittencal's! Your stuff is ALWAYS the best.
I would like to note that the manufacturer's package size of certain ingredients have changed perhaps since this recipe came about. The small box of vanilla instant pudding, whether Jello brand or store brand is now 99g, not 102g. The next size up is 144g. Cool Whip seems to have also changed. The regular container is 8 oz. and not 9 oz.,and then up quite a bit from there to the HUGE container.
Still you can't mess this one up. It's delicious!
This is so delicious, and easy. The chocolate topping is superb!
Mmmm, this is so good. The only changes I made was that I used 1 vanilla and 1 cheesecake flavored pudding mix. The flavor was great. I made it in the morning and served it that evening, and while it was still great, I like it better when it can chill overnight. The graham crackers become softer and the pudding mix is stiffer, but it was still fabulous. I prefer this recipe because it doesn't use frosting from a can! Thanks for posting!