Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
What do I need to describe? It's a giant cookie with lots of chocolate and nuts!
Make and share this Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate or 13 ounces white chocolate, chopped coarse
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans or 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups salted roasted cashews
- Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts and beat until combined well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and beat until combined well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir in chocolate and pecans and drop level ¼ cupfuls of batter, 3-inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies into ½-inch thick rounds with wet hands and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
These big guys satisfied all the chocolate chip cookie cravings in my house today....very good! I used a combination of semi-sweet and white chocolate chunks. This is a fun recipe that I'll be sure to make again....now if I can only find a container large enough to store them in!
Excellent cookie! These came out soft & a little chewy, even after they had cooled. Thanks for posting! -M :-)
These were really good! I added cashews to mine for something a little different. These had a nice buttery flavor and not too sweet. The only thing I didn't like about these was that they spread, which was pretty flat. Thank you!!!