Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These giant cookies are great for get togethers or can be enjoyed anytime. They can also be made into smaller sized cookies if desired, but who desires a smaller cookie?
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- On a greased cookie sheet place a heaping tablespoon, almost a 1/4 cup, of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart. I find that 6 giant cookies fit nicely on one sheet. You may have to flatten the dough a little bit so they bake evenly.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown.
- If you decide to use this recipe but not make the cookies giant bake for about 8-10 minutes.