Recipe by BToep101
These giant cookies are great for get togethers or can be enjoyed anytime. They can also be made into smaller sized cookies if desired, but who desires a smaller cookie?
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- On a greased cookie sheet place a heaping tablespoon, almost a 1/4 cup, of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart. I find that 6 giant cookies fit nicely on one sheet. You may have to flatten the dough a little bit so they bake evenly.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown.
- If you decide to use this recipe but not make the cookies giant bake for about 8-10 minutes.