Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop the dough by small scoops 2 to 3-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about 3-inches in diameter.
- Bake until the centers are still slightly soft to the touch, 11-14 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.