Recipe by Annette1
This is a great recipe for kids. Easy and the cookie is great tasting. Makes a LARGE cookie
Top Review by SAHMchef
Awesome recipe! I used a 12" pizza pan, and it overflowed a bit but did not 'spread' like some people reported, maybe because the pan had a 1/2" lip? It was close to an inch thick, and I covered it with cake frosting to celebrate a birthday. Definitely a new tradition in our house, even better than store-bought!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, salt and baking soda, beating until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in greased 14-inch round pizza pan.
- Bake at 350°F (190°C) for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool cookie in pan.
- Decorate if desired.