1/1 Photo of Giant Candy Corn Cookies
2 hrs 31 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Cute and easy cookies which look like huge pieces of candy corn. A great way to make decorated cookies for Fall, Halloween or Thanksgiving with minimal hassle. No re-rolling of dough and no icing! Would be great for the kids to help with. I am posting this recipe as it appeared in the October 1999 issue of Parents; however, any stiff sugar cookie dough suitable for rolling could be substituted for the box mix, egg, water and butter and then colored and shaped. I made these for my son's preschool class with Mean Chef's Vanilla Sugar Cookies dough, which required an extra teaspoon of cocoa for the brown dough. I rolled the dough into super long ropes and cut it all at once. I also made really large cookies, about 5 or 6 inches, and baked at 350 for 11 minutes. Remember when the cookies bake, the color of dough will lighten up a bit, so use plenty of food coloring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cookie dough according to package directions for rolled cookies.
- 2Divide dough into thirds. Tint one third yellow and one third orange with food coloring. Tint remaining third brown by mixing in cocoa and 2 drops red food coloring.
- 3Chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- 4To make cookies, pull off about 1/4 of each color dough and roll into a 1/2-inch thick rope. On a sheet of waxed paper, lay ropes horizontally next to each other, with orange in the middle. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper.
- 5Roll ropes out until dough is 3-inches wide. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Trim edges. Cut into triangles (like this:VVVVVV).
- 6Arrange cookies 1-inch apart on greased baking sheets (I use parchment paper instead of greasing).
- 7Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn golden.
- 8Cool 1 minute on sheets. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Candy Corn Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix