Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
These often don’t make it from the cookie sheet to the cookie jar! A little expensive to make, but simply irresistible.
- 1 cup firm margarine, softened (or butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 8 (1 1/2 ounce) crispy chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped (such as Skor or Heath)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for dipping glass
- Cream margarine, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Beat.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in small bowl. Add to margarine mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Add rolled oats and chocolate bar pieces. Stir well. Roll into 2 inch balls. Arrange 4 to 6 balls, about 4 inches apart, on greased cookie sheet.
- Dip flat bottomed glass into second amount of granulated sugar. Flatten cookies to 1/2 inch thickness, dipping glass in sugar as necessary. Baked in 375°F oven for about 11 minutes until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- VARIATION: For smaller cookies, roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Arrange balls, about 2 inches apart, on greased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with flat bottomed glass dipped in second amount of granulated sugar. Bake in 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- Company’s Coming most loved treats.
These were good. This is a great cookie for a sweet tooth, but they were sweet for us. Thanks Olga!