Recipe by Boxerwing
My note beside this in my recipe book is "surprisingly good". The combinations of ingredients sounds strange, but they do work well together. A low-carbohydrate main course.
Top Review by lauralie41
I doubled this because 1 1/2 pounds didnt look very big and I wanted to have leftovers. Spread the cream cheese mixture mostly in the middle and tried not to get close to the edges of the ground round. Pinching together the layers was easier and I didnt seem to have a lot of cream cheese mixture coming out. I used grainy mustard and it worked well, just right with the zip of the horseradish. The only thing I would like to have tasted was some flavor in the ground round, maybe onion and garlic or herbs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use yellow, but I can't see why you couldn't use another kind, adjusting for flavour)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, mustard and horseradish; set aside.
- Mix meat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide in half.
- Pat on half evenly in an ungreased 8" pie pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over meat in pan.
- Shape remaining meat into an 8" circle, place on top of cheese mixture and pinch edges of meat patties together to seal.
- Bake 55 min.
- or until well done.
- Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges to serve.