Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My note beside this in my recipe book is "surprisingly good". The combinations of ingredients sounds strange, but they do work well together. A low-carbohydrate main course.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, mustard and horseradish; set aside.
- Mix meat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide in half.
- Pat on half evenly in an ungreased 8" pie pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over meat in pan.
- Shape remaining meat into an 8" circle, place on top of cheese mixture and pinch edges of meat patties together to seal.
- Bake 55 min.
- or until well done.
- Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges to serve.
I doubled this because 1 1/2 pounds didnt look very big and I wanted to have leftovers. Spread the cream cheese mixture mostly in the middle and tried not to get close to the edges of the ground round. Pinching together the layers was easier and I didnt seem to have a lot of cream cheese mixture coming out. I used grainy mustard and it worked well, just right with the zip of the horseradish. The only thing I would like to have tasted was some flavor in the ground round, maybe onion and garlic or herbs.
A great tasting recipe that is easy to make. If you are not a horseradish fan like myself, substitute it with something else that you like or leave it out completely.
This was, all in all, a really good recipe. My only problem, was that it shrank up so much, and I had a very hard time pinching the edges together. In the end, I had two "hamburgers" with the sauce in between. The total size was about 6" round and fed my family of 3 (including myself). Still good though, and will probably make it again.