1/1 Photo of Giant Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
These turn out big, crunchy and as my family likes to call them... Chips Ahoy on steroids. Hehe. If your oven fluctuates in heat, or runs a little hot, you may need to cover the cookies with foil halfway through. These are based on cookies found at the Once Upon a Tart bakery shop in NYC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (Morton) or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blend together butter and brown sugar then beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Mix together flour, salt and baking soda and then stir into batter mixture.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips and chill dough for about an hour.
- 5Use 1/4 cup measure to form large mounds. Bake 17 to 18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 223.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g