Recipe by Hydra
These turn out big, crunchy and as my family likes to call them... Chips Ahoy on steroids. Hehe. If your oven fluctuates in heat, or runs a little hot, you may need to cover the cookies with foil halfway through. These are based on cookies found at the Once Upon a Tart bakery shop in NYC
Top Review by Christineyy!
Crunchy doesn't describe how my cookies turned out, but that probably has to do with the fact that I stuck the dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes instead of refrigerating it. I absolutely love these things, they are sweet, thick, soft, and they are the perfect milk dunking cookie. Thank you, Hydra, these are awesome!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (Morton) or 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together butter and brown sugar then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, salt and baking soda and then stir into batter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chill dough for about an hour.
- Use 1/4 cup measure to form large mounds. Bake 17 to 18 minutes.