Recipe by Bel's Belly
Nothing to do with Mcdonalds or Taco Bell, this is my take on what I was served regularly in Nicaragua. If you can stomach it, it was usually served with Gallo Pinto as well. (thats Rice 'n' beans to you and I)
- 2 sausages or 2 small chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large handful grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce with herbs (see below)
- 1 tortilla
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato puree
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry the sausages or chorizo, onion and chilli in a little oil until the sausages are cooked and the onion is soft.
- Beat the eggs with the black pepper, and pour this in to the pan. Throw in the cheese, and stir everything up. Heat until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Spread the tomato sauce* over the tortilla and warm under the grill. Spread the eggy sausage mixture into the centre of the wrap, then roll up and serve.
- *Tomato sauce can be made by mixing the herbs and puree into the chopped tomatoes.