I thought of this cookie when I was playing around with a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Hope it's liked!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time until completely incorperated.
- In a seperate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time waiting until each portion is well incorperated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
- Grease 1 12 inch cake pan
- Shape the dough into a large ball and flaten into the middle of the pan until it is 1 1/2 inch disk (it will not reach the sides of the pan).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I have never had an Almond Joy before but after this recipe I sure want to try it! The only issue I had was that I didn't have a 12 inch cake pan so ended up using a 8 inch. This caused the 'cookie' to become way too deep and took much longer to cook. It was still amazing! I am so going to try this again once I get a larger cake pan and/or make this same recipe in actual cookie format. :) Might also be better portion sizes too. :D