Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Who can resist the siren song of rich chocolate, creamy hazelnuts, crushed chocolate cookies and chewy, wholesome oat bran? All wrapped up in an eggless nibble perfect for the lunchbox. Note for milk allergies that Oreo crumbs contain whey, use your preferred substitute if necessary.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Guittard 63%)
- additional chocolate chips (to garnish) (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg replacer and warm water.
- Add the sugar, oils, vanilla, milk and corn syrup and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the oat flour, oat bran, flour, cookie crumbs, ground hazelnuts, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment (do not grease).
- Scoop balls of dough 1 1/2" apart on the sheets and dot with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 12 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.