Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Molto squisito!! Chill time is at least 6 hours.
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (13 ounce) jar nutella
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate crumb crusts (Chocolate Cookie Crust, #134516)
- Note: to toast and skin hazelnuts: place nuts on a baking sheet and bake in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes or until they are fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the oven; wrap the nuts in a clean kitchen towel, and allow nuts to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the nuts with the towel to remove the skin (ok if bits of skin stick to some of the nuts).
- To make the pie: place the skinned nuts in the container or a food processor; chop the nuts very fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream and vanilla; using an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Put the Nutella in another mixing bowl; stir in 1/4 of the whipped cream; gently fold the lightened Nutella mixture back into the remaining whipped cream.
- Fold in chopped hazelnuts.
- Scrape the filling into the prepared pie shell; smooth over with a rubber spatula.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 1 day (until filling is completely set).
- May top with whipped cream, if desired.