Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sweet hazelnut chocolate spread, great for icing, fillings, and just for spreading. This recipe scales perfectly, so make as much as you want, Also the ammount of oil used will determine if the spread is thickness of the final spread
- Heat an oven to 150c (300f)
- Roast the hazelnuts for about 7 minutes and then roll them together between a teatowel to remove the skins, if you cannot get the skin off some you may need to bake them a little more but do not burn them, it is important to get almost all of the skin off the nuts.
- In either a coffee blender, spice blender, small food processor or blender add the skinned nuts and blend until you have a very fine powder, the more fine the better.
- Add in the oil and powdered sugar and blend thoroughly.
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler, or a microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, stirring and remicrowaving for 30 seconds at a time until it is completely melted.
- Add the hazelnut mix to the chocolate mix and stir in thoroughly, the mix will keep in the fridge for several weeks.