Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Woman's Day. It is slightly different than the others posted, so I thought I would include it.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces pepperoni, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 clove(s) garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium about 1 1/2 pounds head cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch wedges, then halved crosswise
- kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 medium about 12 ounces zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 medium about 1 pound red potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions, pepperoni, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the pot and heat over medium-low heat. Add the carrots, cabbage, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and toss to combine. Top with the tomatoes, then the zucchini and beans. Scatter the onion mixture over the top. Partially cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile,place the potatoes in a medium pot, add enough cold water to cover, and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and when cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Fold the potatoes into the vegetable stew and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with additional oil and serve with crusty bread, if desired.