Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Giada De Laurentiis, fresh green beans tossed with tomatoes and fresh basil!
Make and share this Giada's Sauteed Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, draining well.
- melt butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender about 2 minutes.
- add the tomatoes and cook till heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until the juices have almost evaporated and the beans are almost tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- add the wine and basil and simmer another 2 minutes.
- add salt and pepper - and can toss with fresh parmesan cheese.
Nice, wonderful, healthy side dish with lots of flavor! We served this with grilled pork chops and baked potato. Thank you so much for sharing!! :)