1/1 Photo of Giada's Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
A recipe by Giada off Food Network. This recipe was awesome!!! I didn't have Marsala wine so I substituted some homemade stuff. I also substituted green peppers for red. Delicious!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 -6 fresh italian sandwich buns (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown on both sides, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain.
- 2Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the oregano, basil, and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- 3Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the Marsala wine, tomatoes, and chili flakes, if using. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the browned bits. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Cut the sausages into 4 to 6 pieces each, about 1-inch cubes. Add the sausage back to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 5Serve in bowls. Or, if serving as a sandwich, split the rolls in half lengthwise. Hollow out the bread from the bottom side of each roll, being careful not to puncture the crust. Fill the bottom half of the roll with sausage mixture. Top and serve sandwiches immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada's Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 1564.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 19.9 g