Recipe by Chef Citron
I found this on Food Network.com. By Giada De Laurentiis.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is delicious!!! The parmesan cheese sort of melds into the fennel and creates the most wonderful flavor!!! At this temperature, I did roast the fennel for an hour and fifteen minutes. I think mine took longer because I had large fennel bulbs so there was a lot in the dish (it's better when they can all lay flat instead of being on top of the others). I will definitely make this one again, thanks for posting!!!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fennel bulbs, cut horizontally into 1/3-inch thick slices, fronds reserved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Arrange the fennel in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then with the Parmesan.
- Drizzle with the oil.
- Bake until the fennel is fork-tender and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Chop enough fennel fronds to equal 2 teaspoons, then sprinkle over the roasted fennel and serve.