Recipe by Spongebob Chefpants
From Food Network.com and Giada De Laurentiis.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Oh WOW these are soooooo good!!! They melt in your mouth and have such great flavor with a little crisp texture!! The pecorino, with its saltiness, really is a wonderful cheese to make crackers with!! The dough is crumbly so you sort of have to mold the balls with your hand but I live in a very dry area so it might have been a flour/humidity thing. They still bake up wonderfully!! These are so fantastic that you want to eat the whole batch!! I will definitely be making these again and serving with my wine and hors d' oeuvres from now on!!! Thanks for posting this one Spongebob!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cheese mixture and butter until combined. Add the flour 1/4 cup at a time, mixing only until incorporated and the mixture holds together.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of the dough on 1 or 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets, tapping the dough down gently with your fingertips. Bake until just beginning to brown at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.