1 hr 20 mins
YUMMY.....how good is this. Not your typical Mac and Cheese for sure. Saw this on foodtv and had to try it. Giada rocks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter, for greasing dish
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, for pasta water
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed grated fontina
- 3/4 cup packed finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup packed grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cooked ham, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- 3Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
- 4Whisk the cream, milk, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- 5Stir in 1 cup Fontina, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, ham, if using, and parsley. Add the noodles and toss to coat.
- 6Transfer the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 7Toss the remaining 1 cup Fontina, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup mozzarella in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the noodle mixture.
- 8Bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts and begins to brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada's Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.3
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 239.8 mg
- Sodium 908.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g