Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Summers in Capri
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces purchased biscotti
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfresh whole milk ricotta cheese, drained, at room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 9 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Finely grind the biscotti in a food processor. Add the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and process until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan.
- Bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Cool the crust completely on a cooling rack.
- Blend the ricotta in a clean food processor until smooth. Add the cream cheese and sugar and blend well, stopping the machine occasionally and scraping down the sides of the work bowl.
- Blend in the limoncello, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon zest. Add the eggs one at a time, and pulse just until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the baking pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
- Bake until the cheesecake is golden and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
- Transfer the cake to a rack; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days. Cut the cake into squares and serve.
I was going to post this recipe but Phil beat me to it. This is heavenly. I had just purchased some Limoncello to make some cookies -- and just happened to see Giada make this on her show around the same time. It's so creamy and the biscotti crust is wonderful. I used some almond/lemon biscotti. It's a very easy dessert to put together but tastes like it took much more effort. I highly recommend these cheesecake squares.