1/3 Photos of Giada's Lasagna Rolls
1 hr 25 mins
mikey & ev's Note:
Giada is a genius. I have actually made these ahead of time - just place them on a baking sheet in the freezer, and then transfer to a freezer bag when they're hard. When ready to eat: Pour some sauce on top and bake at 325°F for 30-40 minutes (I went low and slow from freezer to table). Super easy meal for entertaining or fast weekday dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce, plus more as a side
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- 3Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
- 4Butter a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Lay out 4 lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll.
- 5Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the sauce in the dish.
- 6Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture. Spoon 1 cup of sauce over the lasagna rolls.
- 7Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls.
- 8Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- 9Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada's Lasagna Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.0
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 1148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: