- 12 slices ciabatta, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 12 slices thinly sliced prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- 6 basil leaves (fresh and roughly minced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the slices of ciabatta on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp and golden around the edges, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- Place the prosciutto slices and mozzarella on the crostini toast and return to the oven to melt the cheese, about 8 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Transfer the crostini to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle fresh basil over and serve immediatley.