1/3 Photos of Giada's Ceci, Pistachio and Almond Mix
Sweet and spicy and crunchy and delicious. Great to have in your desk drawer for snacking when you "forget" to eat lunch. With vegan, vegetarian and omniverous friends, it served as a perfect hoiday gift. I must have made 3 quarts of it to give away...and that doesn't count the considerable amount I have consumed myself. May use one pre-made Roasted Ceci in place of the preparing the garbanzo beans as indicated below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and dried
- 4 tablespoons total olive oil
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds (blanched or not)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375degrees F.
- 2Place garbanzo beans on a baking sheet.
- 3Drizzle with 1 T olive oil and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 4Spread the beans in a single layer.
- 5Bake until dark golden--about 40 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the seasoning ingredients (sugar, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and cayenne) with 3 T olive oil.
- 7Remove the beans from the oven and combine with the pistachios and almonds.
- 8Pour the seasoning mixture over the beans and nuts and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 9Return mixture to the baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- 10Let cool and serve (or store).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada's Ceci, Pistachio and Almond Mix
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 508.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g