1/1 Photo of Giada's Carbonara Pasta (My Way)
Chef Mean Green's Note:
I saw this recipe on Foodnetwork (Everyday Italian) and thought it looked so delicious so I ended up trying it right away. To make a long story short, I didn't have the asparagus that it called for (or at least any fresh), and my local grocery store didn't have any at the time. I ended up improvising this a little to fit what I had on hand. I used two heads of broccoli and I thought it was fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, rubber band left on (or any other combinations of vegetables)
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup shaved pecorino cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 large eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cool, about 5 minutes. Remove from the water, remove the rubber band, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2Meanwhile, add the pasta to the large pot of salted water used to cook the asparagus and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl. Add the Basil Aioli, cut asparagus, shaved cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and place on a long, rectangular serving dish.
- 3Place the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry the eggs to your liking. Place the eggs on top of the pasta and serve immediately.
- 4Combine the garlic, egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a food processor and run the machine to mix. With the machine running slowly drizzle in the vegetable and olive oil. Basil Aioli can be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 5*RAW EGG WARNING.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada's Carbonara Pasta (My Way)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1255.3
- Calories from Fat 795
- Total Fat 88.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 811.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: