Recipe by Vanessa
I was thinking about what to cook for tomorrow and I remembered a balsamic-glazed chicken I had in 2 different Italian restaurants. I decided to look for a "similar" recipe and found this one by Giada De Laurentiis. I have not tried it...but will soon! I'll let you know! (Courtesy of FoodNetwork)
Top Review by mums the word
Love Giada DeLaurentiis but not this recipe. In the first ten minutes of cooking, my oven was full of smoke and the fire alarm was screaming! I turned the oven back to 400F, changed the burnt foil to fresh and started again. It still was charring at 400F so I was not impressed. I followed exactly as written and since I had a thermometer in the oven at the time, I know the temperature was correct. After salvaging what I could, I would say there was too much vinegar flavour to it for our tastes. (And the charred flavour wasn't so great either.) Oh well, love her Italian food anyways.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 10 -12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix balsamic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary, and garlic in a big ziploc bag.
- Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar.
- Add the chicken to the bag and seal trying to leave as little air as possible.
- Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the skin is caramelized (about 30 to 35 minutes).
- Place marinade in a saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer on low heat until it thickens (15minutes).
- Brush some of the cooked marinade over the chicken (once the chicken is cooked).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley when serving.