Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is a traditional combination in Italy and makes a wonderful full-meal salad. Tuna packed in oil, though hard to find anymore, makes a difference in this salad. Try it at least once this way! You may want to chill the ingredients somewhat in the refrigerator before assembling salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans dark meat tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1In a large bowl, add tuna and oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. With a fork, break up the tuna.
- 2Add the beans and onions and gently toss.
- 3Drizzle with vinegar and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to plates and serve.
- 4Note: This may be served over fresh arugula, about 1/2 cup per plate.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada De Laurentiis' White Bean and Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 1522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 68.9 g