Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 3 mins
A light, fluffy DELICIOUS cheesecake. Been a hit every single time I've made it. I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com it's from Giada De Laurentiis.
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended -- Nutella)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form.
- Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan).
- Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan.
- Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
- Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- For the topping: Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1 minute.
- Cut the cake into wedges. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the wedges and serve.