1 hr 38 mins
1 hr 3 mins
A light, fluffy DELICIOUS cheesecake. Been a hit every single time I've made it. I got this recipe from foodnetwork.com it's from Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended -- Nutella)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 3Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form.
- 4Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan).
- 5Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 6For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 7Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 8Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan.
- 9Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- 10Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- 11Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold).
- 12Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour.
- 13Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- 14For the topping: Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until warm, stirring every 20 seconds to blend, about 1 minute.
- 15Cut the cake into wedges. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada De Laurentiis' Mascarpone Cheesecake With Almond Crust
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.9 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: