1/3 Photos of Giada De Laurentiis' Little Thimbles Sciue Sciue
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
I posted this in answer to a question and thought I should probably post it here as well. This is an absolutely delightful summer lunch or supper meal. It is one De Laurentiis grew up with. When she tasted it, she pronounced it "Just as I remembered!" Note that you can use any small tube-shaped pasta such as elbow macaroni or pennette in this recipe. Do not, however, substitute sliced-for- sandwiches mozzarella for the fresh which is totally different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil up a large saucepan of salted water. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still al dente (firm to the bite), stirring often to prevent sticking. This takes about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn.
- 3Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked, drained pasta.
- 4Remove skillet from heat. Add the cheese and basil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
- 5Spoon into small serving bowls and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giada De Laurentiis' Little Thimbles Sciue Sciue
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g