Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour II. I have not tried this recipe. It is compliments of http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/mideast-buttercookie.html . All times and servings are guesses.
- 2 cups butter, Solid rendered
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups cake flour, Approximately
- blanched almond, halved
- Place butter in mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer for about 10-15 minutes until butter is white and fluffy.
- Add both sugars.
- Whip again thoroughly with a spatula; gradually add flour and continue to mix with spatula until the flour is absorbed and a medium soft dough is formed.
- Be sure to mix with spatula, because heat from hands melts the butter.
- Add more flour if needed.
- Remove mixture to lightly floured surface and quickly roll with floured hands into rope shape about 1 1/2 inch diameter.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces on diagonal forming a diamond shape.
- Place one almond in middle of each diamond.
- Place on baking sheet at 300 degrees until cookies are set.
- They should remain white not browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet.
- When cold remove carefully.