Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are an easy cookie to make, and look great on a holiday platter for the eid!
- 1 cup rendered butter, refrigerated or 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- Beat butter, sugar, and orange blossom water thoroughly with a mixer. Add flour gradually and mix well.
- Form small cookies into an S shape, with each cookie being about a couple inches in size, give or take.
- Press a blanched almond in the center of each S cookie. Place on cookie sheets and bake at 300 degrees in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Avoid browning.
I made these for DH since he was missing his sister's cookies. I only used 2 cups of flour & I made them into round cookies instead of S shapes. Made for Ramadan Tag