Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I call this chili mac because of the chili powder in the recipe. This is an absolutely delicious Ghoulash recipe that doesn't taste like chili at all. Everybody loves this, even my chef boyfriend.
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 garlic cloves
- In a dutch oven sautee vegetables together until tender. Then, add turkey and brown. Season with salt. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cooked macaroni and simmer for another 5 minutes. Adjust salt to taste. Serve. Easy Peasy.