1 hr 10 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This recipe was posted in response to a request for Halloween desserts. My birthday is on Halloween, and my mom made this adorable dessert many times for my birthday parties as a child. Feel free to be as elaborate as you like with the graveyard "decorations". There's lots of fun candy out there to experiment with. I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as I did! Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- oval shaped vanilla cookies (to be used as the headstones Nabisco or Pepperidge Farm Milano work well!)
- candy corn or candy corn, pupmkins
- gummy worms
- tubes of decorating icing (orange, red and brown are nice)
- 1Crush the oreo cookies in a plastic bag using a rolling pin, or in a food processor.
- 2Pour milk into large bowl.
- 3Add pudding mixes.
- 4Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 5Let pudding stand 5 minutes.
- 6Gently stir in 1/2 each of the whipped topping and crushed cookies.
- 7Spoon into 13x9-inch dish; sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies to be the"dirt" of the graveyard.
- 8Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
- 9Decorate the remaining cookies with assorted icings to resemble tombstones,"RIP" and"BOO" are nice sayings; stand up cookies in top of dessert like graves.
- 10Add candies and plastic"scary" creatures, if using.
- 11Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls onto dessert to resemble ghosts.
- 12What works best is to make the cool-whip"ghosts" ahead on a cookie sheet and store them in the freezer until ready to use.
- 13That way they don't flop over.
- 14Two or three small, round dollups of cool-whip (like a snowman) make nice looking ghosts.
- 15You should be able to make 2 or 3 ghosts.
- 16Remove"ghosts" from the freezer and give them"eyes" and a"mouth" using the brown decorating icing.
- 17Place"ghosts" in the graveyard.
- 18Small plastic spiders, cobwebs, or mini monsters are a nice addition too.
- 19To serve, just scoop out into bowls.
- 20Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ghosts in the Graveyard
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 248.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g