Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
CAUTION! You thought my Spicy Habanero Jelly was hot try this! Make in well ventilated room with gloves. Naga jolokia is a chili pepper the hottest in the world. (Was the hottest till they found the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend (Moruga Scorpion)) . Mine were orange when I picked them so I opted for orange bells. If you get red ones do use red bell peppers. If you can't find the ghost chili's just use 12 habaneros or if you dare try the Scorpion!
- 3 red chili peppers (Naga jolokia ghost chili`s, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed)
- 3 red bell peppers, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin and return to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
- Let set at room temperature for 24 hours out of drafts.
- Store for up to 1 year.
I was so excited to find this recipe! I won't recommend changes to this recipe (as it annoys me when others do). I will say everyone's tolerance to capsaicin is different, you can adjust the number of peppers in this. Mine has been Now & Later, of course, referring to the heat.
Very Good! I used 3 sm. to med. Ghost Peppers and there was a great flavor. If you like spice, don't be afraid to add another one or few. My fiance who cant do more than Medium Salsa was okay with the heat I came out with. Followed recipe and yielded 6 full 8 oz. jars to put up and another one 2/3 full that I'm eating now. Thanks for the recipe!
Crazy good.. I used 2 decent size Ghost Peppers and it turned out good. I could have use a small 3rd but the wife would not let me. I made 12 small sized jars and took one to work and they all loves it over a block of cream cheese. I uploaded a pic of mine for you all to see.