Recipe by Nana Lee
Yes, another Wally Halloween recipe. These can be used for dipping. They're a bit spicy but "Oh So Good"!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- extra vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
- extra kosher salt, if desired
- 24 (6 inch) corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush two large cookie sheets with oil.
- Whisk 1/4 cup oil with chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Cut corn tortillas into 24 ghost shapes.
- Use a wooden skewer to punch eye holes into each ghost.
- Brush one side of each ghost with oil and spice mixture.
- Place ghosts, dry side down, in single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, switching position of pans halfway through, until ghosts have curled into lively shapes and become golden and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Season with additional salt, if desired; let cool completely on pans.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- (Ghosts can be made up to 3 days ahead; store in a tightly covered tin.).