These are my all-time favorite cookies (and that's saying something) Light flavored, but buttery-rich, these cookies literally melt in your mouth. And, they're easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix butter, sugar, flour and baking powder and arak together.
- 2Work into a dough.
- 3Take a generous tablespoon of the dough and make it into a ball.
- 4Press down into a circle.
- 5Place on cookie sheet, and press your finger into the center of the dough to form a ring shape.
- 6Continue with the rest of the dough.
- 7(Traditionally, the dough is formed into short snakes, and formed into circles, and a shelled pistachio is placed at the join).
- 8Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes (do not brown the cookies--they're supposed to be white).
- 9Stores at room temperature for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ghoraybeh (lebanese Shortbread Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: