Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are my all-time favorite cookies (and that's saying something) Light flavored, but buttery-rich, these cookies literally melt in your mouth. And, they're easy to make.
- Mix butter, sugar, flour and baking powder and arak together.
- Work into a dough.
- Take a generous tablespoon of the dough and make it into a ball.
- Press down into a circle.
- Place on cookie sheet, and press your finger into the center of the dough to form a ring shape.
- Continue with the rest of the dough.
- (Traditionally, the dough is formed into short snakes, and formed into circles, and a shelled pistachio is placed at the join).
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes (do not brown the cookies--they're supposed to be white).
- Stores at room temperature for up to a week.